At Whitley and Eggborough we like to give all our pupils the opportunity to experience a wide variety of sporting activities that they may not otherwise get the chance to engage in.
Highlights from 2019/20
- After the success of the Tour de Yorkshire, we are again giving children the opportunity to watch the cycling world tour when it comes through the village in September to inspire them with another famous sporting event.
- Children who can with Mrs Driver, offering outdoor learning opportunities for the whole school, mainly based in our outdoor classroom and woodland area.
- Jack our P.E. coach has been developing the skills of tag rugby in the Autumn term spurred on by the Rugby World Cup in Japan!
A huge congratulations to Aimee Keefe who has represented Great Britain in the junior Biathle, a run- swim- run event, at the European championships in Madeira, bagging herself 4th place! Aimee has also qualified to represent Great Britain again at the world championships in Florida later this year.
Highlights from 2018/19
- Selby Biathlon April 2019. 5 children made it through to the finals at Driffield in July. Which has lead to 2 of the children joining Selby Swans Tri Club.
- Giving children the opportunity to watch the Tour de Yorkshire when it came through the village in May to inspire them with a famous sporting event.
- Coaches from Selby RUFC have held workshops to actively encourage children take part in team sports. As a result many children from school have joined the junior teams at local rugby clubs.
- Fit Fence came into school held workshops with all classes to introduce the children to unique sporting activities.
- Urban Strides dance troop also held workshops with KS2 children and taught them street dance routines, giving them new styles of dance experiences.
- Our professional sports coaches Jak and Dale held after school sports clubs with the children, leading to many of our pupils attending their football training holiday week during the summer.
- Wildcats girls' football club is held on Monday after school, which many of the children enjoy attending.