Latest School calendar Events
- May Bank Holiday01May2017
- Early Years Stay & Play04May2017
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm @ Early Years Class
- Sponsored Walk05May2017
1:45 pm - 3:15 pm @ School Field
Please be reminded that Monday 1st May is a Bank Holiday and therefore school will be closed.
Welcome to Whitley And Eggborough Community Primary School
May I welcome you and your child to the school. Whitley and Eggborough school provides a high standard of teaching for all children who attend. Children obtain good national test results and receive a well-rounded education from experienced, committed teachers and other staff. As well as high levels of achievement, our philosophy is that children should enjoy learning and school life and feel part of the family atmosphere we work hard to foster.
Opened originally in 1877, the school was extensively rebuilt in the early 1970s and was recently further extended in 2011. It has a pleasing open aspect to the rear of the buildings, looking over farm and woodland. We have our own woodland and pond area, which we enjoy and use as an integral part of our curriculum work.
At Whitley and Eggborough School, our vision is provided through a rich range of memorable learning experiences, learning experiences that affect the emotions. In other words, learning that excites and charges experience, learning that makes our children feel something significant and provides experiences that they will remember for a long, long time. This is achieved through creating learning opportunities in the classroom that are inclusive, meaningful and thrilling. Learning moments and experiences engage the children and excite their emotions, send a shiver through the soul and put them in ‘challenging’ situations.
We want to encourage learning for the future and so it is vitally important that the children are happy, secure and that their learning journey is fun.
- Children are invited to dress up as their favourite book character (no donation required). May we please ask that the Year 4 swimmers come to school in school uniform and bring their costume with them to change into at lunchtime. Thank you.
- Whole class photos by Adventure Photography.
- This is been run independently of school and has been organised through the Southern Community Engagement Forum and Parent Power Project.
Learning Lane, Goole